Monday, March 8, 2010

Athaan

I cannot believe that it was a year ago that we were in the corridors of the Guru Nanak hospital, in Bandra. I still remember the cacophony I was surrounded in with both aais {gauri's and ours} breathing down my neck and pestering me to go see whats the latest development in the labor room where Gauri was kept. Oh God, that anxiety, the tremors, the thoughts that ran thru my mind, my heart with no one to share with, since Sanket was with Gauri and I had to appear quite happy and confident because of Aai and Baba and the other Aai. Our aai worries amazingly well. She is so protective of her brood that anything goes wrong,she will worry. Not that something was going wrong that day, but yet, we were all anxious.I constantly kept texting Sanket and he kept us updated too.
And finally post midnight,we got the news. Its a boy!! Oh the joy..the heralding of a healthy baby into the family, for whom we have waited for so long, well it felt amazing.
I still remember sneaking into the Labor room barely few minutes after Athaan's birth. And me and Sanket spoke to him and when I asked him to pose for the camera, he simply looked at us as if he just knew what I am asking to do.
And I cannot forget the fact that somehow, despite being related, I and Athaan share a special invisible bond.The bond, that I created by coming thru the mission that Gauri and Sanket had assigned me with. Of looking out for a name for the baby. Oh, I just looked for it , found it. But he is going to give it the real character while he is growing up. He will define it the best as he ages.But thats the bond we share,isnt it Athaan!!
Today he has completed a year and me and Satyu are a little peeved that we cannot be there to celebrate with him and the rest of the family. Well, so this is our small contribution in the celebrations of our baby..

Athaan

We waited with bated breath
It was this day a year ago,
Oh it wasn’t day,it was late at night,
No sleep or food,which we had to forego..

Aahhh but it was worth the wait
when we knew u had come,
into this world,to fill our plate,
full of joy and then some.

Sanket and Gauri,Aai and baba
Satyu and Jayu,overnight became
Aai and Baba,Aaji and Aajoba
SatyuKa and JayuKi..

You filled our lives with baby smells,
with ur snorts and squeals.
You came and you became the
Apple of Aajoba’s eyes.


Oh those nine months,such a long span,
was worth the wait for the arrival of the
newest and the youngest
member of the Pathare clan.

Happy first Birthday Athaan..

We love you and wish the bestest for you.
This day is special..and so on this special day, for our special angel, I ask God to shower his most special blessings on you to make you as sincere as Sanket Baba,as passionate as Gauri Aai, as honest as Aaajoba, as loving as Aaji, as hard working as SatyuKa and as much fun and goodness of the rest of our family and friends.

2 comments:

Priyanka Ankolekar said...

Hi,
I came across your blog when I was googling for baby names. My brother-in-law and his wife are expecting their first born in December. They have a name in mind for a girl, but are having a tough time looking for a name for a boy. I like the name "Athaan". Could you tell me what it means?

Vociferix Loquacix said...

Hi Priyanka, oops, sorry, i am sure my reply is very late. But was so out of touch here. Well, its originally a greek name "Athan", which means Immortal, we just watered it a bit down to a marathi version, and yes, I was assigned with the task of finding a name for him and I successfully did. Sorry for the delay.